Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Williamsport Breweries - Part 2


by Brian

Not to be deterred after visiting my first brewery, I stopped into The Bullfrog Brewery while in Williamsport, PA.  I checked their website first this time so I would not be surprised by what I found.  Their site gave a glowing account of fine food and gold medals. They weren’t lying.

I tried the Stark Weiss (A German Style Wheat Beer), and the Mud Puppy (A Brown Ale). They were both first rate and I picked up a growler of the Mud Puppy for consumption during Thanksgiving dinner.  The guy behind the counter recommended I try the coffee stout.  I love stouts but I'm not a lover of coffee anything. He then went into great detail about how they use Sumatran coffee beans and Belgian yeast to brew their stout.  So I decided to give it a try.  Wow, what flavor!  Now I'm a Bullfrog Brewery Coffee Stout lover!   

The employees were very knowledgeable and helpful: a huge improvement from my experience at the brewery across town.  The restaurant (Jeremiah's) and the Brew Pub were equally packed with regulars enjoying the food and beer.

I plan to make this a regular stop when I’m back in Williamsport on business.

No comments:

Post a Comment