Saturday, August 27, 2011

Brutal Forecast


Yesterday and today I spent twenty-seven hours with my wife and 3 kids, in a car, on a route home from Disney World (more on that trip in another post or two) with the intention of avoiding and ultimately beating to New York the angry storm we all now know as Irene. I was thirsty. What could I chose from my quickly dwindling selection from my recent trip to Half-Time?
A brutal storm like this deserved no less than Rogue Brutal IPA. The beer pours a deep orange with a decent, white, long-lasting head. I’m struck by the beautiful, citrusy aroma and a taste that screams oranges with a touch of caramel. Ironically, I think this is a touch less BRUTAL than Arrogant Bastard Ale but no less deserving of praise. Enjoy, you deserve some Brutal treatment, except from this storm. Be safe my beer drinking friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment